8/30/2004

Upbound.

Aaron's wedding over. Next stop: Cambridge, Minnesota. While planning my trip out to Indiana, I talked with Julia and Laura about the possibility of visiting them at their home in Minnesota. They highly encouraged me to follow through on the idea, so after a bit of thinking about it all, I decided that it would be a fun trip out to the Northern U.S.

So here I am sitting in bed at the Olson's house at 2:15 am. The day was pretty long considering all the traveling I had to do. Not so much hours of traveling per se, but more waiting around. Once the goodbyes were in place and we parted ways with Aaron and Jessica and the Stucky family, Oli, Dave, Nate, and I drove back to Fort Wayne then to Indiana to catch our flights.

The flight was fine and dandy, and nothing dramatic happened. I flew in to Minneapolis two hours earlier than Julia and Laura did, so I waited for them to come. They were my ride back to the Olsons. Of course, their flight was delayed so the wait was much longer. I explored the airport some, which is quite a comfy place. Looks like a mini-mall inside; most likely one of the nicest airports I've been to.

The most entertaining thing that happened during my stay at the airport was a few people missed their flight, and they went nuts seeing their plane getting ready to fly out and them not being able to board. They banged on the window, yelled out to the pilot, cried, and whined. One of the airport workers tried to calm them down with no real success. I felt terrible for them. Really, I did. But the way they handled the situation was quite foolish. Banging on the window and causing a commotion won't get the pilot's attention. Crap happens sometimes, you can't throw a hissy fit when they come around. You just got to let it roll because you can't help it any other way.

Once Julia and Laura arrived, they got their bags and we were off. Stacy Mader and Katrinka Kongsjord, two of Julia's roommates, were the ones to pick us up. They are two fun girls from what I could tell on our 30 minute drive to Michelle's apartment. I'll probably see them more when I visit Julia at Crown, but for now, they're pretty hyper laides in my eyes...maybe a little too hyper.

Because Julia and Laura didn't arrive until 11:30, and it was a 20 minute drive to Michelle's apartment (Julia's car was there), and it was a good hour to the Olson's house, we didn't arrive at the house until a little after 1 am. We stayed up for about another hour talking and looking at pictures and whatnot, but it was fun. I have nothing to wake up for tomorrow morning, but I feel terrible for both Julia and Laura, who have to wake up for school (Julia) and work (Laura).

This was a pretty informational entry, and I apologize for it. Nothing real amazing to write about, but I wanted to write this down to set the next scene for the upcoming week.

No comments: