8/26/2004

Transition

Greg Cooper wasn't incredibly impressed with my work on Chris, which I was very surprised to see. I thought it was a wonderful story to photograph, but he didn't think so much of it. The critique was good, and he made some points that were not brought up when I looked at them or when my friends looked at them. That was educational. He handed back our grades: C. It's quite the frustrating thing when you work four days straight on a project only to get a C. I honestly cannot complain, for this project was meant to be worked on for at least a month. It's not in the criteria, but I believe that is why Greg was harsher on me than it deserved. Such little time spent on an assignment meant to take so much time would cause a little frustration on the teacher. That's my take on the lot.

The drive home relieved me of my worries. I feel as if some large burden has lifted from my back. PHO 208 has been a real troublesome class for me, and it has been in more ways than one. I lost motivation to shoot for this class early in the session, which really killed me. I deserve to fail this class. No worries, though. I'll pass. The grades show it, but my dedication and commitment didn't.

After writing a couple papers for English, I drove back to Brooks to turn them in and then headed for Long Beach. I met my parents at an old family friend's house down there we knew over ten years ago when we lived in the Bay Area. I walked into Mirna's house recognizing her within a half second, and we had a fun time catching up and talking. Mom and Dad mostly. I felt right at home hearing all the jabbers said in Tagalog. I miss the Filipino immersion I had as a child.

I now sit in LAX waiting for my flight to board. My parents drove me to the airport from Long Beach, where I left my car so I didn't have to pay for airport parking. My destination: Fort Wayne, Indiana. Well, I actually stop over in Chicago, but my final destination is Fort Wayne. The purpose of this trip will be to attend Aaron Stucky's wedding, who I have not seen in just about three years. Oli is already over there; he flew out yesterday. There's a lot of trips this summer for me.

I like it.

No comments: