8/29/2004

Congrats to Aaron and Jessica Stucky.

There is something very beautiful about weddings. I will sound incredibly dorky saying this, but it seems like everything is magical in the ceremony. Every bride looks amazing, every groom looks dumbfounded seeing his bride walks the aisle, music sounds like they're coming from the heavens, ya da ya da ya da...every wedding feels like the greatest wedding.


Jessica walks to her groom. Posted by Hello

Nothing was notably unusual about Aaron and Jessica's wedding, and nothing was short of extraordinary either. Weddings have a certain touch to a day that nothing else can reach, even though hundreds of weddings happen everyday I'm sure. I find the forming unity of a man and woman into one flesh one of the greatest covenants humans can make with each other.


Smiling at his son and soon to be daughter-in-law, Rod Stucky exhorts Aaron and Jessica. Posted by Hello

Things I must note about the ceremony: Dave and Adam are awesome soloists; I never knew they were music majors until I saw them this weekend, I guess bride's maids wearing black is the new thing these days, and I wasn't impressed by the kiss. Sorry Aaron and Jessica, but I gave it like a six.


Aaron and Jessica prepare to say their vows. Posted by Hello

The reception was pretty fun. I felt very relaxed not having the burden of "wedding photographer" slapped on my back. I did take a picture here and there, but I ultimately kept the camera on the table. In fact, I made a point to myself to keep it on the table when I had a strong urge to walk around and photograph. The difference between photographer and guest was greatly appreciated by the evening's end.

Oh, an exciting thing happened; I danced at this wedding. First time I danced ever. Amazing, ain't it? Not that I really knew what I was doing on the floor anyhow. I just stepped lightly and slowly in slight rotations. All of us buddies got up there and danced mainly to the slow dancing songs. I don't think any of us were into the fast paced, "shake your booty" type of dancing. Even Julia and Laura got up and danced, which was quite amusing simply because they stated flat out they weren't going to dance at the beginning of the reception. Suckers. Another thing that was funny was that Oli was really reserved about dancing with other people. I guess him having a girlfriend turned him off, but he did get up there a couple times. I don't see what the big deal is. If you're wondering, I danced with Joanna, Ginga, and Laura. Laura was a bit of work to get onto the dance floor, but she broke after a while. Mwah hah hah.

A group of us went back to the hotel and hung out in Julia and Laura's room until the wee hours of the night. I'm exhausted to write about it, but it consisted of a movie, some self-defense training, and lots of food. Nate kicked my butt.

No comments: