8/28/2004

Reuniting with things past.

5:30 am. You think I am writing before I begin my day, but in actuality, I am writing before I enter my restful slumber.

Fifteen minutes after I got my duffel from baggage claim at Fort Wayne Airport, I was picked up by Dave and Oli. I expected Aaron. Later I found out that Aaron pulled a night shift for his Campus Safety job, so he told Dave to pick me up. I'm happy that he decided to inform me about the whole thing. Regardless, I was still picked up fifteen minutes late. I felt unwanted.

Stepping through the door to Aaron's apartment, I looked left to see Nate stirring on the couch from the noise of us. I just now realize I can't remember his last name. Nate is one of those guys that clicks very well with our sort of group...which is the kind of group that bashes Aaron consistently throughout the day. We all bonded on this common ground, and what bonding time we had!

The rest of the day was spent traveling to Ohio where the wedding will be held, going to the rehearsal, and attending the rehearsal dinner. We took a mad detour on our way to Ohio because of a major road accident, which I thought was quite amusing. Aaron handled it well.


(Left to right) Jessica, Nate, and Aaron look at a map to review how to get to Ohio where the wedding will take place. Posted by Hello


Jessica Mason directs where the groomsmen should stand during the ceremony tomorrow. (Yes, Oli was a groomsman as well!) Posted by Hello


The set up for the bridesmaids...minus one because she got caught in traffic on the way to the rehearsal. Posted by Hello

Our planned bachelor party consisted of just Dave, Aaron, Nate, Oli, and I. It was more of a time to chill with Aaron before his big day rather than a party, which I think is more effective. We stopped by Julia and Laura's hotel room first to say hello. My phone rang with them on the other side earlier that day informing me they flew in. A couple of us felt terrible (Oli and I) knowing they were around all day without seeing any of us.

Of course, I was the only one who knew their room number, and I was foolish enough not to write it down. Memory was all I depended on when we knocked on their door. 220? I'm pretty sure, but "pretty sure" doesn't cut it when you knock at 10:30 at night. Thus we all acted like middle schoolers and knocked on door 220, which was followed by all of us hiding around the corner to see who answered the door. Very childish, I know. Me being me, I thought it funny.

After a few moments of silence, the door cracked open, and the guys sent me to go out to see who it was. Freakers. I turned the corner to see two girls in a "I just woke up" mess scanning for the visitors. Upon seeing me, Laura rushed to give me a wonderful hug as if she hadn't seen a friend in three years. Julia followed and the four other guys came out when it was all good to greet the ladies as well. We talked for a good half hour before parting with them to do our guy thing.

The guy thing didn't work out so well, and it ended with Aaron and Nate playing pool at the bar, David going to bed, and Oli and I heading back up to Julia and Laura's room to catch up with them on things. We did start out with some miniature golf, and that was a lot of fun. We all sucked, and I lost one of the balls; but that's fine. What's one ball?

My night did end leaving Julia and Laura's place at around 5 am. Nate came up sometime during the night as well and got to know the girls better. Julia and Laura have been incredible friends to Oli and I, and the connection the four of us share resulted in long hours talking and informing one another how lives have been the past three years.

The night is about to end...literally, and the wedding begins this afternoon. I need rest.

No comments: