9/01/2004

The Crown of Julia's academics.

I pulled into Crown College in St. Bonifacius to visit Julia and experience college life at her school. It was close to 6 pm when Laura and I arrived, and we spotted Julia and Stacy sitting under a tree alongside the road before we reached her dorm. Beacuse we left for Crown not long after Laura arrived home from work, I drove so she could rest. Ironically, she didn't sleep for even a blink, and the both of us just ended up talking the whole one hour drive there. Good stuff talking is. (<--there's a bit of Yoda dialect for ya.)

Julia took Laura and I around campus to eat, meet her friends, and show off the academic areas of Crown. The time was fun, and I got to know Julia's roommates more in depth by just hanging out in her suite (it was open house that day). Laura's been at Crown before, so she saw familiar faces; and the familiar faces recognized Laura. Julia is very proud of her school, and I'm very amazed at how many people she knows. Julia is quite the social butterfly. The fact shouldn't have surprised me, but it did.


(Left to right) Anna, Julia, and Laura hang out in Julia's suite where four(?) other girls live. Funny, two of the three girls in this picture do not live in this suite. Posted by Hello

We played some bball as well just for the heck of it. I also learned that Craig Cook is now a professor at Crown. That was a random discovery for me. The night seemed long going from place to place around campus and meeting all of Julia's friends and acquaintances, yet I had no compliants.


This picture is up because 1) I'm good-looking, 2) I'm even more good-looking when I have a guitar in my hands, and 3) I'm in a room with like five ladies (even though it doesn't show in the picture; you just have to trust me on that one). Booyah! Posted by Hello


(Left to right) Anna, Laura, and Julia pose for a picture as they head up to Anna's dorm room. Posted by Hello

If you're wondering where I am now before I hit the hay, I'm in one of Julia's friend Patrick's room. He's a very fun guy, and we clicked well. I haven't gotten to know him all that well yet, but I look forward to tomorrow to learn more about the closer people that Julia spends time with.

No comments: